Friday, October 21, 2011

Homemade Pineapple-Grape Juice

Out of a desire to wean our family off of plastic (to the extent that it is possible), the first steps I decided to take was to juice fresh fruit right here at home.

In small doses, we love pure pineapple, apple, orange, and grape juices and figured they'd be easy enough to make with our juicer and much healthier.

So today I fired up the dusty old Juiceman Jr., sliced a beauteous organic pineapple, and pushed it through the tube. Out flowed a gorgeous, golden, frothy liquid.

I also happened to have on hand a few bunches of homegrown grapes from a friend up the street. I wondered if they would work in the Juiceman. So I plucked the pretty little dark purple globes off the stems and stuffed them in.

Wow! What a luscious combo it turned out to be! Feast your eyes on the photos below.


No comments:

Post a Comment