Saturday, October 1, 2011

Raspberry-Strawberry-Vanilla Pancakes

main ingredients for the batter

Now that fall is settling in, I am more in the mood to cook. The lack of sweltering heat inspires me to venture into the kitchen and get my culinary creativity on. Much of what I come up with is a direct result of needing to use items in the pantry and fridge before they go bad. We hadn't made pancakes in a long time, raspberries and strawberries were lying around so, voila, Saturday morning our family made gorgeous raspberry-strawberry-vanilla pancakes. A total breeze with the three of us working together. Hubby and son prepared the batter with Trader Joe's Multigrain Baking & Pancake Mix.  [Note: We always buy pasture-fed, small farm eggs. They taste better and are more humane.] I chopped the berries and whisked them in.

toppings (bourbon-vanilla maple syrup for for mom & dad)

vanilla powder from a trip to Tahiti - superior to liquid extract, in my opinion
my guys tend the griddle


cooking up nicely
mmm, mmm, good!

No comments:

Post a Comment